Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Kati roll company

I had been to NYC and a few people I met mentioned this place to me and I had no clue whatsoever about a Kati Roll. Coming from Southern India and have never been north beyond Bangalore, I had to ask what a Kati Roll was. They patiently explained that its a paratha roll. I decided to give it a try.This place came as a pleasant surprise right on W 39th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. They told me about the big Amitabh movie posters there and its a no frills restaurant. The menu is simple just like the place and I tried their paneer and aloo rolls. I loved the Aloo roll. My friend on the other hand went nuts over the Unda Roll (dont laugh...thats how they spell the Egg roll). Took some home and my mom loved it too. They have their menu listed online too. Must must place to visit next time you goto the city.

Here's the link to the Kati Roll company

No comments: